- Artificial intelligence (AI) — machine learning/deep learning
- Passenger service quality
- Airline operations
- Modeling and Evaluating Alternatives to Enhance Access to an Airport and Meet Future Expansion Needs, United States Department of Transportation Tier 1 University Transportation Center led by San Jose State University, March 2021 to March 2023.
- Effect of Weather Events on Travel Time Reliability and Crash Occurrence, United States Department of Transportation Tier 1 University Transportation Center led by San Jose State University, June 2020 to December 2021.
- Increasing the Utilization of Weather Data for Safety Applications and Traveler Information, Funded by the North Carolina Department of Transportation, August 2015 to January 2017.
- CRS & SI Technologies for Reliable Transportation Systems Planning. Funded by the United States Department of Transportation – Research and Innovative Technology Administration Program; Matching funds from Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, North Carolina Department of Transportation and City of Charlotte Department of Transportation, September 2012 to February 28, 2015.
Transportation Modeling & Simulations Laboratory
Undergraduate Traffic and Instruction Laboratory
Yuting (Tina) Chen